He’s labelled it ‘Finless 1.4′ but also acknowledged that his ‘timing is a little off’ given that the new official CX-919 Android 4.2.2 ROM has just been released.
Nevertheless, Finless has started work on a custom 4.2.2 work and will release it shortly.
In the meantime, the new 4.1.1 custom release includes:
* root access as well as new SU and SuperUser applied supporting Android 4.2.2
* App partition size choice of 2, 4 or 6GB.
* enabling location services
* fix for Gameloft crashing on the desktop
* Key mapper app from Freaktab user Tincore, allowing gamers to map game keys.
* Google Play fix (device shows up as a Samsung product)
* Alternate launcher
* updated boot sound
* remote control
* reboot app
The new ROM comes as a 262MB download you can grab from the FreakTab site.
The CX-919 is a compact quad-core mini PC using Rockchip’s RK3188 SoC CPU. It’s built into the same chassis as the original dual-core RK3066-powered MK808 but with the addition of an external Wi-Fi antenna to deliver more reliable wireless network connectivity. It’s available from numerous online retailers for under $100.
Try these similar stories:
- New Finless 1.4 (Android 4.2.2) ROM for CX-919 released
- New Finless ROM 1.5 for MINIX NEO X7 STB mini PC
- New Android 4.2.2 ROM for MK908 mini PC
- iMito QX1 mini PC gets new Finless ROM 1.5 firmware based on Android 4.2.2
- ROM Roundup – New releases for CS868, MK802IV
- New official CX-919 ROM update fixes ‘blank internal flash’
- New MK802IV custom ROM supports AP6210 Wi-Fi chip
- iMito MX2 mini PC with dual-core Rockchip does Bluetooth under $50
- ROM Roundup – new ROM releases for Hyundai T7, Measy U4B, CX-919, iMito QX1
- Q&A: Is there an Android 4.2 ROM for the MK802?