There’s no shortage of devices coming from Toshiba with another one to hit the streets. The Toshiba Excite Pro has a good list of extras under the bonnet, including a Nvidia Tegra 4 CPU delivering processing power and up to 2 GB of RAM on-board.
Further, it comes with a massively high-resolution 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution panel built from PurePixel I-PS technology, measuring 10.1 inches, also its panel is powered by the GeForce core inside the Nvidia Tegra 4 chip.
You’ll find 32 GB of flash to play with on the inside of the unit while you can use microSD, up to 32 GB, to provide extra storage for the device. It features Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system to run your apps and keep things busy. And for power, the device includes a Lithium-ion battery, but at this stage, no capacity information is known.
Next, there are plenty of Wi-Fi options available with 802.11 a/b/g/n on-board and you’ll find Bluetooth 4.0 to handle personal connectivity. The main image sensor on the back of the device is an 8 MP (3264 x 2448 pixels) with autofocus type, while you get a more basic 1.2MP unit on the front for video calls.
The Toshiba Excite Pro’s weight and dimensions are yet to be released, although according to gizmag, the unit goes on sale on the Toshiba US online store on June 25 for $US499. The announcement date for this unit was in June 2013.
NOTE: All specifications are subject to change and may not be correct at time of purchase. Please check before you buy any device that it meets your expectations and requirements.
|Model||Toshiba Excite Pro|
|Processor||Nvidia Tegra 4|
|Clock||Up to TBA|
|GPU type||GeForce (unconfirmed)|
|Screen size (inches)||10.1|
|Screen resolution||2560 x 1600 pixels|
|Screen type||PurePixle I-PS|
|Operating system||Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|Internal storage||32 GB|
|External storage||microSD, up to 32 GB|
|Wi-Fi connectivity||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Rear camera||8 MP (3264 x 2448 pixels) with autofocus|
|Video recording||Up to|
|Announce Date||June 2013|
Try these similar stories:
- Specifications – ASUS/Google Nexus 7 tablet
- Toshiba Regza AT703 with Tegra 4 and Retina display hits Japan
- Fuhu Nabi Jr, a 5-inch kids tablet with Tegra 3 CPU
- Hyundai Sero 7 Pro tablet with HD screen, quad-core speed for $149
- Wikipad gaming tablet hits US June 11, UK and global later this summer
- HP Slate21 $400 All-in-one/tablet PC coming September
- Nuvola NP-1 planning to be the first Tegra 4 mini PC
- ASUS launches huge Transformer tablet/All-in-One
- Ouya Android games console goes on sale for $99
- Specifications – Acer Liquid S1 smartphone