The US giant has begun offering its Kindle range in China with the Kindle Paperwhite selling for Y849 ($US138) along with both the 16 and 32GB versions of the latest Kindle Fire HD at Y1499 ($244)and Y1799 ($293), respectively.
It comes nearly six months to the day that Amazon began its e-book launch in the country at the end of 2012.
The Fire HD features a 7-inch I-PS LCD panel with 1280×800-pixel resolution and a weight of 395grams. Amazon claims a battery life of up to 11 hours, depending on useage, fully chargeable in four hours. It also includes a MicroHDMI output but only supports 720p video playback. In the US, the 16GB version is $199 and $229 for the 32GB option.
The Kindle Paperwhite features a 768×1024-pixel resolution 6-inch e-ink display with 2GB of internal storage but no expansion. It comes ready with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi networking but annoyingly, still does not support EPUB format.
Try these similar stories:
- India gets Amazon Kindle Fire HD tablets June 27
- Specifications – Amazon Kindle Fire HD tablet
- Tablet price fall: HP Slate 7 to $140, Kindle Fire HD to $169
- Hook your tablet up to your TV for under $4
- Q&A: Can you run Raspberry Pi outdoor continuously on battery power?
- Ainol Novo 10 Eternal tablet delivers 12-15 hours battery life
- Lenovo IdeaTab S6000 tablet goes before FCC
- Apple loads Haswell CPU, USB3.0 into new MacBook Air notebooks
- Gigabyte launches three new GSmart Android phones
- Tronsmart Prometheus STB gets Android 4.2.2 ROM update