Similar in priority to the Galaxy S3 mini, the new S4 variant is based around a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED panel with 960×540-pixel resolution, powered by a dual-core 1.7GHz processor. At this stage, there is no confirmation on the processor model but rumours are that it’ll be a Snapdragon 400 type from Qualcomm. It’ll run the (currently) latest version of Android – 4.2.2 – and feature LTE and 3G support, depending on location.
On-board storage includes 8GB of flash (around 5GB useable) and a MicroSD card slot for another 64GB. RAM is said to 1.5GB.
It’ll be reasonably light (like most Samsung models) at around 107grams with a 1900mAh Lithium-ion battery.
At this stage, no battery life details are available.
There’ll be two cameras – an 8MP rear-facing sensor plus a 1.9MP (Full HD) option on the front for video calls/conferencing.
You’ll get a choice of two basic colours – white and black.
There are no release date or pricing details as yet although it’s expected Samsung will unveil the phone at a June 20 event in the UK.
With the S4 Mini not too disimilar to the previous Galaxy S2 in terms of function and features, it’ll be interesting to see how the S4 Mini compares. The S4 mini should start an early favourite, given its higher resolution screen (the S2 was 800×480-pixels). It also comes with a larger battery (1900 vs 1650mAh) but also a higher-clocked processor (1.7 vs 1.2GHz).
Let the speculation begin…
Try these similar stories:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, 8.0, 10.1 available from July 19
- New PIPO M7pro 8.9-inch tablet features Samsung screen: reports
- Ultrabook with 3200×1800-pixel screen – Samsung’s ATIV Book 9 Plus
- Samsung announces ruggedised Galaxy S4 Active
- Nokia Lumia 625 officially announced tomorrow, get the specs now
- Samsung to announced Galaxy S4 Zoom on June 20?
- Specifications – Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 P3210 tablet
- [UPDATED] Samsung announces Galaxy Ace 3 smartphone
- Samsung announces new Galaxy Ace 3
- Specifications – Samsung I9190 Galaxy S4 mini smartphone