FreakTab contributor ‘Finless Bob’ is at it again – he’s just released a new custom Android 4.2.2 ROM for the MK908 mini PC.
The tiny dongle PC runs RockChip’s RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9 processor in the same basic package as the original dual-cored RockChip RK3066-powered MK808.
The MK908 is one of a growing number of quad-core mini PCs that delivers near-smartphone performance in a compact design for use with big-screen TVs.
The new ROM is based on the official Android 4.2.2 release from MK908 producer Tronsmart but with some tweaks, including:
* root access and SU/SuperUser support
* debloated of junkware
* full init.d support
* location services re-enabled
* accessibility options re-enabled
* Gameloft fix
* improved support for apps from Google Play store
* new reboot app
* larger mouse pointer
* optional 1080p kernel
Try these similar stories:
- New Finless 1.4 (Android 4.2.2) ROM for CX-919 released
- CX-919 gets new Finless 4.1.1 ROM, 4.2.2 coming soon
- New Finless ROM 1.5 for MINIX NEO X7 STB mini PC
- Q&A – What are the best ROMs for the MK808 mini PC?
- iMito QX1 mini PC gets new Finless ROM 1.5 firmware based on Android 4.2.2
- Cube U30GT2 gets new custom ROM
- Google releases stock 4.2 keyboard to Google Play
- New MINIX X7 ROM firmware built with RK3188 SDK2.0
- Google launches Cloud Print app on Play Store
- ROM Roundup – New releases for CS868, MK802IV