#FLOCK is a project in conjunction with Twitter UK who asked them to come up with a wireless clock that also creatively linked in the activity on an individual Twitter account.
The project is based on Arduino technology using the BERG Cloud development board, which is said to be compatible with both the Arduino Uno and the larger Mega boards.
(In the pic, you can see the outline of the Mega as the second board from the left).
Flock will be a limited-edition prize given away as an award by Twitter to ten different vendors that demonstrate the most innovative ways to interact with Twitter.
Arduino is the Italian-designed microcontroller board original aimed at teaching microcontroller interfacing in a low-cost manner, however, since its release in 2006, it has become the low-cost defacto design platform around the globe for a multitude of projects.
Try these similar stories:
- DigiX Arduino-compatible Wi-Fi-ready board gets Kickstarter project, meets $50,000 goal
- Geekroo Fairywren turns Raspberry Pi into Raspberry PC
- SparqEE CELLv1.0 Kickstarter to add cellular to Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Intel’s 8086 CPU turns 35, as fast as Arduino?
- Chess for Raspberry Pi – in ASM with no operating system
- Ouya Android games console goes on sale for $99
- CyanogenMod 10.1 coming to the RK3188 CPU
- Motorola Moto X has just $12 in US manufacture costs ($209 in parts)
- Is OVO a Chromecast/Miracast combo?
- Phones compared – Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 vs Huawei Ascend Mate