The new ROM features a number of improvements and is based on the V1.04 Beta launched last week.
Improvements include defaulting to English language, root access and the removal of some bloatware. It also comes with BusyBox and init.d support along with some fixes for apps on Google Play. It’s also said to be a worthwhile option if you’re having touchscreen problems.
The U30GT2 has impressed so far with its surprisingly good specs, which include a 10.1-inch Full HD (1920×1080-pixel) resolution I-PS screen, quad-core Rockchip RK3188 processor, 2GB of RAM and 32GB of on-board storage. It has decent connectivity with 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 plus dual cameras (2MP on the front, 5MP on the rear).
It’s selling online for around $270US.
Try these similar stories:
- New UHOST3 TV box set to launch
- ROM Roundup – PIPO M6, Ainol Novo7, Cube U30GT2 and more
- New CUBE U30GT2 test ROM firmware with RK3188 SDK2.0 upgrade
- New Finless ROM 1.5 for MINIX NEO X7 STB mini PC
- Chuwi V88 gets Android 4.2 ROM firmware update
- ROM Roundup – new Jelly Bean firmware updates for CUBE U30GT1, U30GT2 and Hyundai T7S
- ROM Roundup – new ROM releases for Hyundai T7, Measy U4B, CX-919, iMito QX1
- PIPO launches M9 Android 4.2 update ROM
- FNF iFive X2 gets RK3188 SDK2.0 stock ROM update
- VIA V7 the latest $65 Android dual-core tablet