A report from digitimes.com claims that according to market research, Apple now has a stranglehold 71% share of consumer tablet in China, based on fourth-quarters results for 2012.
Lenovo takes second spot with a distant 10.2%, followed by Eben, Samsung and Acer rounding out the top-five. Eben is not a brand well known outside of China but it has a significant following in the business market with 41.9% market share, ahead of Samsung’s 21%.
This comes on top of news that China’s budget under-$100 tablet market is expected to see shipments reach 100million by the end of the year.
Apple’s current generation iPads include the Retina-screened model with 2048×1536-pixel resolution and the smaller iPad Mini with its 7.85-inch display panel and 1024×768-pixel screen resolution.
Try these similar stories:
- NAND flash market worth $30billion in 2013: report
- Sub-$100 tablet shipments to hit 100million in 2013
- Apple getting 4.7, 5.7-inch and $99 iPhones?
- Apple iPad 5 due September, iPad mini in bezel-less design
- Will Microsoft launch its own Surface phone?
- Q&A: Who makes Apple’s iPad tablets?
- PIPO to launch quad-core U8 tablet with 7.85-inch IPS panel
- Is this the new cheap Apple iPhone?
- Entry-level Chinese tablet market sees global brands influx
- Samsung Galaxy Gear watch to arrive September 4