The update to Android 4.2.1 has been released over the last couple of days, according to Android Police, takes the build number up to V10.6.1.15.
The download weighs in at 510MB however, at the moment, the update is only for US-sold units (or ‘SKUs’) and ASUS is warning against its use on tablets sold outside the US. You can check which version of the tablet you have by selecting Settings, About tablet, Build number and making sure it is a ‘US_epad’ build.
Once you upgrade to it however, you cannot go back so it’s worth considering at least for a moment before performing the upgrade.
Try these similar stories:
- PIPO launches M9 Android 4.2 update ROM
- HTC One Android 4.2.2 update begins seeding for non-carrier phones
- ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 tablet hits Australia for $399
- Windows 8.1 leak shows new ‘kiosk mode’
- ROM Roundup – new Jelly Bean firmware updates for CUBE U30GT1, U30GT2 and Hyundai T7S
- ROM Roundup – PIPO M6, Ainol Novo7, Cube U30GT2 and more
- Leaked Android 4.2.2 ROM for Galaxy S3 hits the web
- ASUS launches huge Transformer tablet/All-in-One
- Next-gen Nexus 7 II tablet to include Snapdragon 600 CPU?
- Entry-level Chinese tablet market sees global brands influx