Androidpc.es is reporting the first sighting of a new Tronsmart MK908 mini TV stick powered by the quad-core RK3188 processor, listed on Aliexpress for €69 (approx. $85).
The same unit has just been listed on eBay but for $100 including shipping.
The unit runs Rockchip’s RK3188 quad-core Cortex A9 CPU at 1.8GHz, cooled by a double heatsink and includes 2GB of DDR3 memory to play with. Storage is 8GB of flash but with a microSD card slot, that can be expanded with another 32GB. It features 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless networking with dual antenna and Bluetooth 4.0. According to Geekbuying, it uses the AP6210 Wi-Fi chipset, which is single-N-band only, so there’s no 5GHz option, only 2.4GHz.
It also includes a miniHDMI output, one miniUSB port supporting OTG/Host, a standard Type-A port plus another miniUSB for charging.
It’s powered by Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and hopefully, the ROM is good quality and allows a choice of 720p or 1080p video output. Word is an upgrade to Android 4.2 is coming at the end of April 2013.
Try these similar stories:
- Webcam mini PCs – MK602 or MK818
- How to best power mini PC/TV sticks
- Ugoos UM1 TV stick features dual-core CPU with remote control
- Q&A: What is USB OTG and how do I use it?
- MK808C TV stick debuts with dual-core CPU and composite AV output
- GIEC GK-MP1303A packs RK3188 CPU into TV box mini PC
- UG008B TV box mini PC delivers three-way networking for under $70
- MK806 mini PC gives MK802 chassis a dual-core reboot
- Ugoos UM2 TV stick mini PC features dual USB2.0 host ports
- UG007III TV stick boosts Allwinner numbers, adds Bluetooth