Mini PC maker Mele has come out with a portable storage drive with built-in Lithium-ion battery and Wi-Fi connectivity.
The S3 comes with a built-in Ethernet port and 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless networking options. It can also double as a wireless access point (WAP) for your portable devices and it can perform as a webDAV/UPnP media server – impressive given its tiny size.
There’s a Type-A USB2.0 host port plus a microUSB charging port for the internal 2600mAh battery.
The unit itself comes with no internal storage but can be expanded through its SDHC port and the USB2.0 host port. Given the internal battery, the unit is reasonably compact, weighing 115grams.
It’s available from Aliexpress and dhgate for anywhere between $65 and $75 depending where you look.
Try these similar stories:
- $6 USB battery pack could power a mini PC for up to 11 hours
- Power your mini PC with two AA batteries – Version 2
- JXD S5110B delivers dual-core graphics in new Android portable games console
- Plug centralises storage, turns any drive into a NAS box
- How to best power mini PC/TV sticks
- Q&A: What is USB OTG and how do I use it?
- Raspberry Pi portable power from $2 USB emergency charger
- New MELE M9 set-top-box mini PC features quad-core A31 CPU
- Quad-core Newman S98 tablet comes with Retina display for Y1299
- Geniatech launches new wireless Android-ready digital TV tuner