Android peripherals brand Geniatech has a new solution for delivering digital TV to your Android tablet/smartphone or your Apple iPad.
The new WiTV features a digital TV tuner and Wi-Fi hotspot that combine to stream digital TV to your home network.
Using Android or iOS software, you can watch TV on your portable device without needing a physical connection.
The TV tuner includes a built-in Lithium-ion battery that can be charged via USB, either a PC port or a dedicated AC USB charger.
It supports a frequency range of 177.5-226.5MHz (VHF band) and 474-858MHz (UHF band) and can decode MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and H.264 video streams while the Wi-Fi connectivity covers 802.11b/g/n standards.
If you’re using an iPad, you need iOS 5.0 or 5.1 – no mention of iOS 6 support – but Android devices need Android 3.0 or later (4.0 or 4.1).
No power adapter is included but a microUSB charging cable and manual is bundled in with the device.
Try these similar stories:
- MOKO M3-T2 TV box mini PC with digital TV tuner for $85
- Q&A: How do I charge my iPad in my car?
- Android 4.3 gets new VP8 video encoder – and DRM
- Hook your tablet up to your TV for under $4
- How to improve Wi-Fi speed
- Specifications – Apple iPad mini Wi-Fi 7.85-inch tablet
- Five things to do with a mini PC
- Power a mini PC in your car for less than $1
- Chromecast vs Miracast – what’s the difference?
- Broadcom launches new BCM23550 quad-core CPU for mid-range smartphones